View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Intrepid Niddering

We never really had dessert growing up. A few times a year we'd have strawberry shortcake during strawberry season, but that was really it for, "designated for dessert" sweets. We did (and still do) always have some sort of sweets in the house. Cookies, candy bars, ice cream, etc. I usually bake something sweet at least once a week for us to eat throughout the week whenever. This past week I made lemon rolls (like cinnamon rolls, but lemon). My sister had asked for a chocolate cheesecake, but I had a craving for something lemony. Now she wants more lemony things, so this week I will make a lemon cheesecake. Other weeks, I'll make cookies or brownies or a cake or whatever else.

It seems to be, though, that some things go in a certain amount of time, no matter how much is available. If I make one pan of brownies, they are gone in a day. If I make two pans in hopes that they will last two days... nope. Gone in a day. It's the same way with cookies. If I make a whole batch of cookies at once (let's say six dozen), they are gone in a day or two. But if I only make a couple dozen every other day, those two dozen are enough to last the full two days between bakings.