View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:42 AM
00maggie

Originally Posted by SherriB View Post
Is the bomb!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I am in FMQ Heaven!!!! I just got a fmq foot from April 1930's shop to use on my 301. Once I got everything adjusted, my 301 did fmq like a dream!!! I still need to work on my speed to keep my stitches uniform. But no messy bobbin stitches like my Janome gives me!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I even spelled/sewed my name. LOL!!! I just used a small scrap of fabric and batting sandwich and have pretty much covered it with fmq. LOL!!!

I think my 301 is going to be my main sewing machine for quilting. I just love the pretty straight stitches it gives me. :mrgreen: I can't remember where I read it, but the way the bobbin and then needle connect on the 301 is what makes it so good for free motion quilting.
---------------
I've been practicing FMQ on my Singer 648 today -- what a MESS!!! I'm going to break out one of the 301s to see if I can do it with one of those...not sure I have a FMQ foot for it that fits well, however. I bought one from ??? but it was one that had to be MADE to fit the 301. And mine has never meshed well. But I am determined to FMQ!! So every day I am going to practice.

Dorthy