Old 04-26-2013, 06:50 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

I would take photos from all angles of both rooms and print them out. Measure the space, (floor and wall). Then go to the mission organization and see what works best for you. You can use pencil to plan it. I would make that 8' table work. Just clean it up or paint. I have an 8' work bench to lay patterns out on. It's 8'x26" and has two small cabinets and small drawers (formerly kitchen cabinets found at garage sale). Take your photos and kind of lay it out like your kitchen. everything you know you're going to need on a frequent basis keep nearby. Imagine your machine - your stove/cooktop. Ironing/pressing station- kitchen sink. Dining area-cutting and design area. One extra full blank wall space for your design wall. The rest of the space above and around can be visible storage for material. The Mission Organization link has all kinds of ideas. I definitely would use clear storage containers. I have a couple file storage boxes that I have marked denim. I also have a box that only has my DH scraps from his clothes marked. Everything else is in clear storage or comic book boards. I got more than 100 for 9.95 at the local comic book store. Sturdy cardboard works well to wrap material around. I also pick up the material boards from the fabric centers at the different stores. I ask first. What ever works for you.