Old 04-26-2013, 08:46 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
You all can say what you want. I believe there was an UGRR and I believe in the quilts as being markers. No one is going to change my mind. Just because it cannot be totally 100% proven does not mean that it didn't happen or the UGRR wasn't there! Oh, ye of little faith.

We've never seen God have we? But we know He is there! Who can prove that it is a myth anymore than people can prove that it is true.
Whoa, Edie, calm down. Not one poster here has denied the existance of the URR. It is accepted fact that the URR existed. There is insurmountable proof of it's existance.

However, it is a disservice to all involved future generations and past to perpetuate a legend or unprovable folklore, no matter how cool, as fact. You are right, we can all believe what we want to but when someone kindly debates it and presents their side of the story as well as source citations as many here have, do not go on an attack. Maybe read the research that other's have linked. If you can't be swayed, fine but don't attack, present sound, rational arguments for your side of the argument, including source citations as to WHY you feel it is an unshakable truth. It is called debate and it is quite healthy.

As for religious belief, it is quite possible to believe in God with all your heart but not believe in the story of Adam and Eve. Just sayin. Kinda the same thing here.