Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 PM
nancia

ok. i could change my whole plan and send him dress up clothes (with some quilting somewhere). i saw the cutest capt america costume at toys r us, and don't you dare ask me why i was at toys r us! anyway, i didn't buy it, but it's there if you think you'd like to get him one. i imagine, jamie, you could whip one up for him in no time. my son, josh, dressed formally for the mr.----, contest he was in as a sr in high school. he went in drag because he didn't think he was handsome enough to compete against the other candidates. he was disqualified from winning, but everyone had fun with it and he 'competed' in all the events. i'm pretty sure he would have won had he taken it seriously. then he went to a costume party in my strapless black cocktail dress. got him to shave arms and pits. he wore panty hose but we couldn't find shoes to fit him. he looked gorgeous, hair all curled down to his waist, full make up, and when he got to the party his hostess loaned him a strapless padded bra to round things out. he is the father of my beautiful dgd. very straight, and still wears costumes to events like the renaissance faire, but as a guy. he also has a well developed sense of humor!
i went to goodwill and they had a 'vintage brother' machine for $20, but i decided i didn't need another machine with no place to put it. i did however buy a cabbage patch kid in excellent condition and shoes and outfit in great condition, too. he will join the others in my collection. i used to buy my daughter doubles of dolls so she could play with one and keep the other pristine. she had/has very little interest in dolls, so i've stopped. my son thinks the dolls are creepy. both boys had dolls as toys, and both are very compassionate young men. as i am sure beau will be. walk a mile in my shoes is just literal to beau! lol.