Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Blue Cat

Gee, that swap stuff given to Queen looked very familiar today. My swap from Leidene came in and it looked just the same, except in blue and pink, two of my favorite colors. Queen didn't mention that the pincushion was placed in a turned piece of wood, which was beautiful. It has Leidenee"s initials on the bottom. Leidene, did you turn the wood, too? The center of the pincushion has a tiny spool wrapped with pink floss that matches the fabric instead of a button. The needlecase matches. She also sent me a card she made with a photograph of a lovely orchid on the front that she had taken herself. Look closely to see Queen's card and photograph. It matches her needlecase and pincushion. I also received people and cat treats. I haven't eaten all mine yet, but it won't be long. Resistance is futile. My cats will be sad to have to wait, tho, as I am at my sister's place. Her cat, however, has already had her greedy teeth around eight of them and is cadging for more.

Leidene, thank you so much. Your work is exquisite in every detail. I was especially enamored by the spool of thread, it is so perfect on the pincushion, and the wood bowl really sets off your beautiful work. What an haul.

My sister will photograph mine for me ASAP (adequate light is a rarity around here, sometimes) and post it.

Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
As my DD says, SNAP! I forgot to say thank you to leiladylei. Had a box of goodies in the box tonight.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411266[/ATTACH]

Leidene was my SP for needlecase, but she made a matching pincushion. She also sent two packages of macadamia nuts (one was chocolate and toffe, and the other was honey roasted-they were delicious!!), and cat treats for Camo. He also says thank you. We did not allow him to eat ALL of his like we did!! Thank you so much!!