View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 05:56 AM
w1613s

Let's see, I have been sewing for 53 years. First household repairs, then added household things, added clothing, added costumes, and finally added quilts.

Now move over, my dear, because I HAVE NO EYE FOR COLOR and, after trying to develop one for all this time, doubt that I will EVER have one. For heaven's sake, don't give up; but, while you are trying to develop your own, borrow someone else's. Take a color savvy friend to the fabric store. Copy, copy, copy something someone else did. Copy it EXACTLY. Take a piece of fabric you like (or go empty handed and start from there) to your LOCAL fabric or quilt store, throw yourself on the mercy of one of the experienced clerks who HAS a sense of color and let her/him do the picking.

By the way, I have every last style and shape of white blouse/t-shirt/top in the history of mankind. No matter what, my tops always "go."

I may have no color sense (we will not discuss paint) but I can problem solve and I'll bet you and the rest of our color sense-less sisters and brothers are good at that too.

Pat ;-)