Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 PM
nancia

hav4boys-- my heart breaks for you and your family. such a horrible loss. love and prayers to you all.
i know you are proud of your son, and for good reason. congratulations to him for a job well done.

dogsgod and quilty-louise-- i'm sure we would have lively conversations and probably not get much sewing done! i have made a dear friend here who only lives 1.5 hrs away, and we have a blast together! this board provides a needed connection for all of us. i don't remember how i found my way here but i'm so glad i did and so happy to have found friends!!
i must confess that my forays into bird pets proved to be very expensive snack times for my dogs and cats. kate (cat) and dooley (dog) worked in tandem to dislodge a birdcage with two peach-faced love birds. they took no prisoners. it convinced me to stay with pets that were not in such close order in the food chain. this was before i discovered that dooley, as a cocker spaniel, had the skill to jump up and catch low flying birds. i'm not convinced he knew he wasn't a cat. he came to us at 4 weeks old, so other than people, his only models were cats. he had a lovely contented purr.

Last edited by nancia; 05-13-2013 at 12:53 PM.