Thread: What do I have?
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 AM
stitch1967

Hi Muv,
Firstly, thanks for your very informative videos on cleaning and re-threading. I've learned so much from them.
I've dated my machine to 1934. I have a catalogue, instructions and original bill of sale receipt from 1935. Also a selection of feet. The only thing I have missing is the key to the single drawer and lid. The machine is a treadle. I have a leather belt but although it still has its staple i think it's a bit far gone to be considered serviceable. I'll try to upload a picture of one machine and table which is virtually identical to mine.[ATTACH=CONFIG]413584[/ATTACH]
My machine table was covered in horrible 1930s varnish YUK! I've completely dismantled the wooden and cast iron parts and cleaned them to the best of my ability. The wooden parts have been stripped and then sanded to beautiful bare wood and then given a good working over with quality wax furniture polish. The wood grain has really come up nicely. The cast iron parts were covered in a brown paint which had deteriorated over time. I've stripped them to bare metal and re-sprayed them with a black satin finish. Bolts appear to made of copper. I'm hoping to carry out a rebuild in the next few days but will taken pictures of individual parts first and then as the whole table. Hopefully others on this board will find this of interest.
Attached Thumbnails 15k80.jpg