Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM
BertieD

GaiTender, love your avatar! (What a fancy word!) Elisabrat, save those wooden spools. I have a doll bed made out of them--I'll see if I can post a picture--have to take one first. Bought it at a Methodist church craft sale years ago when my granddaughters were little but couldn't afford one for each of them so I kept it, haha.

ODD collections? My oddest is cobalt blue bottles. I have about 850 of them, now in boxes in the basement, some in windows over kitchen sink, in the bathroom, etc. I collected Bromo Seltzer, Vicks Salve, Evening in Paris, Noxema and Phillips Milk of Magnesia bottles for years. My DMIL lived with us and when she was done with her Phillips Milk of Magnesia, I washed out the bottle and set it in the window above my kitchen sink. Sunlight made beautiful dancing lites around my kitchen every morning. From there on it was OCD, haha. Hubby sold about 30 at our last garage sale. I don't think many of them are worth more than $6 each but you sure see them advertised for $15-20 each at flea markets, etc. My DH said I collect everything (Well, if 2 is a pair and 3 is a collection, I do have a few collections) but I told him that I do not and then I had to name something I didn't collect. I quickly told him I don't have any old army tanks in the yard! That hushed him. But out of all my stuff I do not have a glass turkey or turkey vase. I do have an old Wild Turkey bottle that has "The Spirit of 76" on the side with a flag that I picked up somewhere, lol!