View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:02 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ms Grace View Post
Krystna,
What type of fabric do you buy for the towels?
I've got some plain flour sack towels, but I think different colors would be great.
If I'm doing decorative ones for the holidays -- like gingers or something like that, I'll use homespun plaids and finish the ends with some eyelet lace or another finish. Otherwise if you are in Joann, take a look around the utility fabric section and you'll find plenty of options. You can use monkscloth and there are also some other toweling possibilities. You can even use the fabric they have for diapers. I had been using heavy muslin at first but after you wash them them are a wrinkly mess so unless it is for something that is purely decorative, never again! Wait until you have a good coupon and you'll be able to make them for very little. I've hunted around for wholesale towels, but they are still quite pricey. I saw some with the red striping down the sides the other day but didn't pick it up. Next time maybe.

Here's a set I made for a Secret Pal

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415168[/ATTACH]

One of the Irish Recipe Towels we sold at an Irish Fair

[ATTACH=CONFIG]415169[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails embroidered-ladybug-tea-towel-set-1.jpg   irish-corned-beef-cabbage-embroidered-recipe-tea-towel-1.jpg  

Last edited by Krystyna; 05-24-2013 at 05:06 AM. Reason: Add photos