View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:54 AM
JanetM

Do you need a serger? I highly recommend this 3 day seminar. Sue is a master at teaching and her seminar is not only a great learning experience but is so much fun. She teaches this 3 day event all over the country so check with your local Babylock dealer. They provide the Evolution serger and all supplies. You will know at the end of the event if a serger is for you! I personally think that the reasons that some serger owners don't use their sergers are because they are difficult to thread (not Babylock), have tension problems (not Babylock), and more importantly...they do not know ALL the things a serger can do!

If you take this seminar, you will have 3 binders of instruction that covers everything you have learned. They are priceless.

“Three Day Hands-on”
Baby Lock Evolution Serge-A-Thon Retreat!
With Sue Green-Baker...An Independent Serger Expert
Sue has been teaching serger sewing as long as Baby Lock has had a home serger on the market! She has co-authored several serger books, including Decorative Serging with Palmer/Pletsch, ABC’s Of Serging with Tammy Young, Sewing With An Overlock by Singer Sewing Reference Library, wrote the Sergers In Motion Column for Sew News Magazine and published several serger technique workbooks and booklets as well.
FULL 3 DAY HANDS-ON EVENT ONLY $150 PER PERSON!
AND a Top Of The Line Baby Lock Evolution Serger will be furnished for your use in class!
Students will complete and take home 3 fully illustrated, in color, step by step workbooks with samples! Workbooks (on CD to be printed by Student) & All fabrics included in the event price! (A $249.99 retail value!)
Join Sue for 3 “fun, filled days” to learn the Baby Lock Evolution serger in and out! You will learn how to use the Evolution serger from the “basics to advanced” techniques. You will say, “I didn’t know I could do that on a serger!”
This hands-on retreat is for everyone! If you are thinking about buying a serger, now you will say, “How did I ever get along without one!” Baby Lock sergers “thread themselves”....have no tension dials to figure out...and the easiest serger on the market to change to different stitches!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
DAY ONE:
WHEN TO SERGE, WHEN TO SEW
Threading 4-thread stitch Stitch width
Stitch length
Differential feed
Fine tuning option for tensions
Machine parts
Machine accessories that come with serger
DAY TWO:
How to serge elastic “The Factory Method” 4 methods How to use the elastic accessory foot
How to use the gathering accessory foot
How to use the blind hem accessory foot
Using decorative threads— from the light to heavy weights
3-thread stitch
DAY THREE:
USING THE COVERHEM AND CHAIN STITCH
Coverhem threading technique Making hems, in three widths Attaching lingerie elastic Attaching lingerie lace Coverhem shadow stitch Shirring over elastic
Attaching bias binding
Understanding the cover hem accessories