Old 06-03-2013, 07:04 AM
romanojg

My room is a little smaller than yours but it all works. My ironning board hangs on the closet door because there isn't room for a full size one. If I really need to iron a large amount of fabric then I go to the kitchen where I have a large island and put down lots of towels and it works great. I bought the cubby book cases from Walmarts and stacked them 2 high, a total of 4. Some I put totes in others are open. If I have a project in them then I put a picture of the project on the outside so that I don't forget whats in it. I have a tall bookcase that I had extra shelves made for so that I can stack my fabric without going to high plus it allows me to organize the colors better. I hate fabric in totes; I never realized how much I had until I got it out on the shelves. I still have some to go thru and I do have my fleece in totes under the bed in spare room but I have bought very little fabric since I saw how much I have. Not as much as I see alot of people on here have but it makes me happy. My sewing table has a drop down leaf on the backside and I keep it up for my extra machine and have my emb machine on the other side. I have it kind of centered on one wall but coming out into the middle of the floor so its my central piece. And I also have a cutting table with 2 drop leaves but I only keep one up. Lots of storage under there. Very little space left on the floor so I moved up. I have one wall that all of my hoops hang on and I bought ruler holders from the quilt show so these are out of the way. I mounted the thread spool holders from Joanns on the wall for my regular thread, all of my emb thread is in a storage cart on wheels. The wall behind me is my design wall. I took a piece of wood that they use to end cabinets with, its very thin, covered it with batting and muslin and hung it up. Eventually I need to clean out the closet so that I can use that for storage too but we all learn how to make due and fit what we need into smaller places. I'm thinking later on this yr of converting my big sunroom into my sewing room. Its never used and is lined with windows and I had a fireplace installed for the winter months. I just have to get energy efficient AC units first.