Old 06-09-2013, 06:42 AM
Pam S

I made an apron with divided pockets of various widths across the bottom. I have skinny pockets for my fabric marker and little artist's paint brush (bought a whole pack of them from the dollar store) that I use to clean lint from my machine, put my seam ripper, tweezers, extra bobbins, little screwdriver, etc. in the other pockets. I clip my thread snips to the bib on a retractable leash and pin a piece of batting on the other side of the bib to stick loose thread ends on and hold a hand needle.
I also used an old pencil case from my kids' school days to make a hand-sewing kit. It's a clear plastic box with a swing open lid (about 5 by 8"). I keep some thread snips and a packet of hand needles in it. When I'm finishing the binding on a quilt, I just throw in a spool of the right color thread, a few pins or wonder clips and take the box to the TV with me. I line the bottom with a piece of batting so I can throw any little thread pieces right in the box and just toss the batting in the trash when I'm through.