Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
amelia0607

I remember getting the mumps but don't remember about 20 days after that because I was sick. Also, when I was a child, our family had a few adult friends that were disabled from the effects of polio. While I do understand the fears that parents have, I believe that the vaccines are the best defense we have against these horrific diseases. Although if I had it to do over again, I think I would've done as a previous poster suggested by spacing them out some.

When I was pregnant, we were told to eat this but don't eat that. Now pregnant women are told to eat totally different. We were given medication for morning sickness, now they have to tough it out because that medication is dangerous. Babies weren't supposed to sleep on their backs, then no tummy sleeping - who knows how they're supposed to sleep now. It seems that medical rules keep changing but that doesn't mean we just ignore those rules. At some point, we have to say this is the best we have at this moment and go with it!!

For those friends of mine that had polio, I think they would have taken the chance on the vaccine!!