View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 04:00 PM
dc989

I meant to post this several months ago, but forgot. I bought my A=18 about a year ago, but kept having problems with the jog button. Then several other aggravations started including a bobbin winder that didn't work right and temperamental tension. Bottom line is I took it back to the dealer and demanded that it be fixed or my money refunded. I had talked with them several times re. these issues, but the repairs didn't work.

They reset the timing, fixed the bobbin winder, but could not get the jog switch to work. After numerous calls with the main headquarters and their techs they figured out the wiring harness was bad. It was all replaced and now my machine seems to be working right. They had the machine for three weeks waiting for parts. Since I was right at the warranty Janome tried to make me pay, but my dealer stood up for me and everything was covered. Since this experience I learned from another longarmer that someone she knows had the same problem, so they researched it. Apparently this is an issue that has come up a number of times. Linda seemed to think Tin Lizzie has this issue also. Anyway if you have a jog switch problem, talk to you dealer asap. Mine started off with occasional problems then progressed to 100% not working, then the stitch length started acting up. One day out of the blue it made a pop sound and wouldn't stitch at all. That was when I lost it!!!! Donna C