View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM
doowopddbop
Banned

It appears that he did use graph paper to draw out this quilt! Nice work! Just for fun, and because I love a challenge, I've drawn it up in my EQ program using his proportions. The block proportion is 18 squares wide, and 24 squares long without borders.

What size quilt does he want? For a queen-size quilt, if you use each square in his graph paper as 1" and enlarge it 400%, you'll have a quilt that measures 72" x 96" before the borders. And to keep the mitered borders in proportion, they'd be 4" for a total size of 80" x 104".

If he wants it for a lap/twin quilt, you'd enlarge the pieces by 300%, adding 3" borders, making the quilt 60" x 78".

I'd say he did a great job with scale, color, balance, creativity! I also tested it out using blocks (4 across, 4 down). I really like the look! The lap/twin size would be 3 x 3. These will be simple to make as a paper-pieced pattern. Let me know in a private message if I can help with that! ~Deonn
Attached Thumbnails sarahrachels-challenge.jpg   sarahrachels-challenge-2.jpg   sarahrachels-challenge-4.jpg