View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane
The only one I know of formerly worked at the local (terrible) vet and she was fairly flighty even when just handling our billing. I'm not sure I'm that comfortable with her.

I completely agree. You're right, I should have discussed this with her. I will call or email. My vet (the holistic vet in Edmonton) doesn't offer boarding, unfortunately, because I feel like they might be the only vet that I have used in the last 20 years who could pill stormi. The one in town here is very poor lately, and I can't see boarding with them. They have dogs and cats in the same area in the boarding area, and stormi's dog intolerant. They diagnosed stormi as being in end stage kidney failure with a borderline high thyroid then wanted to see her in 6 months. They also used Convenia to treat a bladder infection and use Metacam for pain in cats, despite my request that they not do it with ours. I just barely caught them the one time. The holistic vet has her almost back to normal values, and her t4 has never been out of range, it's in the low part of the range in fact.

Even if your vet doesn't do boarding, he/she might have a suggestion of a pet sitter or a boarding facility that can ake proper care of your baby. We actually changed our kennel because we had a geriatric dog who was to the stage of having BM accidents. When we would pick her up from the old kennel, the feces would be dried all over her and the OWNER of the kennel would tell us "It just happened". We found a wonderful kennel and they actually bathed our old lady everyday she was there and only charged us an additional $10! We even boarded our newest dog that we got from rescue who was undergoing the injections for treatment of heart worm. This kennel has been in business for over 25 years and we never worry about our animals when we leave them there. Wish you lived here because they certainly would take the best care of your baby!