View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 03:35 PM
SewNewGirl

Originally Posted by tate_elliott View Post
SewNewGirl, All of these recommendations are good, but finding them is the tricky part. Why not try this - go to a local sewing machine repair shop and see what they have in used machines? These shops often have trade-ins for sale. You'll want to try and find an "old time" shop, where the repairman looks older than Moses. That's the guy you want, because newer repairmen (or women) don't know how to work on older machines and think that nobody would want one.

Tate
I would love to do that but I live about 1-2 hours away from any sewing shops. I have made me a list and have been looking them up online. I am hoping to run across one of the many good recommendations here for a decent price.
Not in a hurry and don't need it right away, I am just trying to get more familiar as well with the vintage machines. Gonna try to hit some yard sales and fleamarkets one weekend so I will know more when I am looking. And when I get the time I will definitely hit up a sewing shop but that could be a while! I have also looked at all the pictures of the vintage machines.