Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 AM
ArizonaKAT

Yeah! It's payday. I can get the backing for my Boom 9 quilt . . . and the batting for one of my UFOs I finally finished . . . and material for one of the slow small Boom 10 groups (because I won't let my GD use my stash. Now I have to buy new. What's wrong with this picture?). . . and white thread to finish quilting my table runner. Oh my, my quilting life revolves around my paydays.

Word of advice to the newbes. This is my second boom and the mistakes I made are still fresh in my mind. Here are some of them.

Make sure you figure out a system to mark which fabric belongs to who and when it comes in. Don't open that envelope untill you have time to follow through and mark your spread sheet . . . then mark the material (I found that attaching the envelope or the return address from the envelope worked for me.)

Most swappers will mark their grownup blocks when they send them to you. If they don't, figure out a way to mark them. Again, I cut the return address from the envelope and pinned it to the block. This is going to be really handy if you screw up your spreadsheet. Anyone want to guess how I know that?

When they come in figure out a process that works for you. I know some of you didn't open the envelopes until you were ready to work on the material. Curiosity killed the cat . . . and me. I had to open. So I again pinned the envelope to the material and stacked them first come first serve . . . mostly . . . except for the ones with faces that I had a hard time cutting through.

I have all my material in their envelopes and waiting for addresses. I chose to do holiday lap quilts this time so I have 5 different holidays going out. I'm going to offer my swappers a choice of holidays. First come first serve.

Christmas and Patriotic have different material. So I won't know who gets what on those holidays. It will be a surprise for both my swapper and me.

How much longer do we have to wait! :-(