View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Sewnoma

Default One finished, one in progress

I decided to enter a quilt into the local fair, my first idea was an OBW but it was not turning out very well, so at the last second I changed gears and threw this together out of some GORGEOUS batik strips I was dying to use anyway. Got it done with a little time to spare; it's due next weekend!

Top, up on the design wall:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421858[/ATTACH]

After binding & quilting:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421859[/ATTACH]

An awful, blurry pic of the back; this is the first time I've done a pieced back (it's simple; just an off-center turquoise "plus" sign"):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421861[/ATTACH]

My quilt inspector, making sure I'm putting the blocks together right! (His opinion of "right" seems to mean lots of cat fur stitched in!):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421865[/ATTACH]

And this is what's on my design wall today; I started just yesterday, it went together super quick (the blocks aren't together yet; it's still very much "in progress"). I LOVE these fabrics - I'm a programmer so I love the tech/geeky vibe to it:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421869[/ATTACH]
Does this pattern look familiar to anybody? I designed it myself but seems like every time I think I've invented something it's not actually new at all, LOL.

A zoom so you can see the fabric better:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]421871[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking - happy quilting!
Attached Thumbnails fairquilt_top.jpg   fairquilt_finished.jpg   fairquilt_back.jpg   fairquilt_inspector.jpg   barcode_wip.jpg  

barcode_zoom.jpg