View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 AM
lamx

Default New Guy on the Block

I just found this forum today, glad to see an active vintage sewing machine board, most of my old favorites have dried up. I don’t recognize most of the participants except Joe Miller. We have been kicking around the vintage SM boards for years.

By way of an introduction, I have been collecting old sewing machines since the 1970s. My collection waxes and wanes, but I am trying to keep it down to 50+/-. It has been over 80 in the past. I founded many of the Yahoo sewing machine groups – VintageSingers, OldPfaff Pforum, Bono’s Berninas, and the Necchi Group – but passed them on when they got too busy to manage within the time I had available. Now, I just post on my blog, sewing-machines.blogspot.com.

My wife and I have a quilt shop in Leonardtown, Maryland where I provide volunteer services in the areas of heavy lifting, trash hauling, ladder climbing, and bug squishing. Oh, and I also service vintage sewing machines there.

Now, on to business. I have two problems I need help with and it appears that this might be the place to find help:
- I have purchased several Singer Featherweights off ebay to resell in the shop. One has a broken presser lift lever and I cannot figure out how to remove the old one! I have been working on sewing machines for decades, but this one has me stumped. There is a screw or pin through the housing holding the lever but I it is so far down that I cannot see a slot to indicate it is a screw and I have not been able to drive it out, if it is a pin. Has anyone accomplished this should-be-simple repair?
- I have a Pfaff 362 that needs a bobbin winder, cover for the electrical connections, and the plastic knob on the top lid. A friend needs the manual zig zag lever for her 360 and I have a Pfaff 332 that needs a hook assembly. Does anyone know of a Pfaff 260 or 360 series parts machine available for a reasonable price? Condition is not important as long as it has the parts I need.

Thanks,
Ed Lamoureux