Old 07-04-2013, 11:11 AM
klgreene

Originally Posted by carol40965 View Post
Tks Klgreene. I will do that. I'm very excited. How do I know how much fabric to purchase?
That's a real good question. And hard to answer. But if you do not have a stash, and are starting fresh, I'd find a fabric you really love that you would like to use thru out the quilt. Maybe 2 yards. Then pick colors from that fabric. Say you found a fabric that you love that has green, red, blue, orange and yellow, and white in it. I would get a fat quarter of each color that looks really good with the fabric. But I would get a half yard or yard of white for background fabrics in some of the blocks. They can be prints, don't suggest stripes for you yet, solids.

Here is how I decided what to use in mine. I found acute little fabric that was a white background, with black and yellow little daisies. So I got a yard of that because I knew I wanted more than three colors in my blocks. So I got fat quarters of black and white, white and black, a couple yellow print on print, as I got into a couple blocks, I added a period green, so got a couple fat quarters with the green and black and white. I didn't add them all at once, since you are doing one block a month, although if you are going to catch up with us, you may need to. What is left over is your stash.

Just start slow, and keep building. You can always PM me if you want to. I'm home most of the time.
Katie