Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 AM
QuilterMomma

Well, I overdid yesterday: Quilted a full size (which was fun except I had to rip out where I got a tuck in the side and then noticed another in the center UGH! So will sew that one down, dead center it is) then weeded, tilled and watered my garden. Oh looks so awesome. My dahlia are doing so well, one plat is at least 4.5 feet high and starting to bloom. I just love it. I may have to fence them up if they get as beautiful as last year. DH was frowining at the height of it not wanting it to go to top of fence. I laughed and said I am excited for it. The Sunflowers are not even that tall yet. I found zucchini on the plants while I was weeding and watering. Thrilled on that. Need that nervous eating food for sure. Tomatoes are starting on and some are getting close to turning. The Cauliflower is heading. Haven't grown it so we will see. Praying over it so no bugs get into it. All three varieties of lettuce are doing very well, we had all three in a salad yesterday. Yummy it was. Onions are about 2-3 inches round and the potatoes (didn't pick either) which I can eat right now, are 2" and growing. I am excited to know I can stay on this diet and not buy the vegies in the store. Easier to go out and pick away than stop and buy. So the body is yelling at me today. I am going to be quilting up two quilts today again. One has borders that are 15". Oh what to do with it. The gal's son wanted it bigger than what the pattern said. I will be exercising in front of the longarm. Come on sore body from all the work yesterday. I count that as exercise and standing at the longarm is exercise as well because I have a sit down job all day five days a week.
May I confess something here? Well, I am needing this for my own mental attitude towards myself. I used to always be thin and since we moved over here to WA, I have gained 20 pounds. Is it just this state or what? I have always been thinner and lived with the 135 variation, but now to weigh 158 is making me so depressed and mad at self. I used to always weigh, even after four babies, no more than 128. What is the deal? I am wondering if my hormones have gotten so out of adjustment since I am nearly 50 (not till August).
Thank you ladies for reading about my ramblings. I better get busy quilting since the kids want me to go to a movie today and after searching for a week and cleaning out paperwork, found a gift certificate to OUtback that the family is going to dinner to tonight. I promise to be good because with four of us going $100 is not much to go on. Salad, vegie, and meat only. Yep love the blooming onions, but will pass because of the extensive calories in them and I want to win the pot of batiks. I will try also to take the pup for a walk. I have to go water my front yard dahilas which are only about 8" tall, first time planting them this year from Springhill. They are an excellent place to get your bulbs from because they gaurantee them.