Old 07-21-2013, 08:41 AM
DustysMomma

I got my roach fear and my spider fear about the same time, when I was about 5-6 years old. Daddy told me how they carried diseases and nasty germs and pooped on everything & that's all it took. If Daddy said it was nasty & I should stay away from it, that's what I did. He caught a black widow once, and mother wouldn't let him kill it, so it went to live at the local museum. It made its ride to its new home in the hatchback of mother's Mustang, in a jar wrapped in a towel. About the same time, I woke up one night & my parents were still up watching this movie, and when I came in the room, on the movie there was a lady sleeping in this bed while spiders came from every direction, covering her bed and attacking her. There were no remote controls back then, so there was no clicking it off quickly. The trauma was done to my little mind and I stood there screaming and crying for the woman. Yep, between all that, I was scarred for life, lol.

Mario found out firsthand just how scared I am of big spiders not too long ago. It was a big nasty one, and it ran across the floor in front of me and hid under the entertainment center. I squealed and scrambled to the other end of the couch and when he told me he couldn't find it, I was in tears. The entertainment center is next to our bedroom door and all I could think about was it crawling on me in my sleep. I'm sitting here about to cry just thinking about it!