View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 03:53 AM
DustysMomma

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
...when I heard how much those things cost, my first response was: DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FABRIC I COULD BUY WITH THAT MONEY? They looked at me kind of weird. lol
I think that about a lot of things. Actually, I thought that about that sewing machine when we ordered it Saturday too. Then I thought about all the pretty things I would make with it, and I just let him be good to me and went for it.

My ex bought a 4-wheeler when Dusty was a baby. Well, back up. He called me one day & tells me he's on the way home & asks me if I'd bring the business checkbook out to him. Then he showed up later that evening with a combo dirt/street bike. He knew I was not happy. So what did he do to "make up for it"? He went & bought a 4-wheeler too, and so did his friend who had also bought a dirt bike, who was single. Dusty was at that age in between sitting up on his own and trying to walk, so he insisted the 3 of us go for a slow ride, since his friend said I could ride his, which was stored at our house. Dusty dozed off, so he wanted to take a shortcut home. Long story short, he pushed me to take a route I didn't want to and I ended up wrecking. I mean my life flashed before my eyes wrecking. After that I stayed home with Dusty and sewed or did cross stitch while they went to play.

I'll take playing with fabric over "roughing it" in anyway any day! The man says his idea of roughing it is staying at the Marriot, lol.