Old 07-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Gramie bj

My sewing area always seams to be in a mess in one way or another. If not sewing, than someone just drops thing off on the counters. I too have stopped buying fabric. I will buy backing or if my stash runs out of a fabric that will work, I had to buy green last month because I didn't have enough of any of my greens (I have 11) to use for the whole quilt. looks like I will be doing a scrap quilt using a lot of different green's to use up some of my smaller pieces. I have completed 6 tops, and my grand's have finished 4 tops all out of my stash and scraps. Still don't see any empty spaces on my shelves, I just dig out another box of folded fabric and load the shelves back up. I think I have finally emptied my last tot of fabric. It does help that this last spring my DH built me a set of cabinets 7ft tall and 8ft long, just to hold folded fabric with doors on the front. I am slowly sorting through all my templates, patters, mag's and sewing machines, If I have not used it in the last 2 years it is going up for sale!! I am really tired of knowing I have something and not finding it!! So am being very strict with myself. Maybe if I have less to dig through I can keep my sewing area cleaner longer, and find things faster! Well that's the plan! Lets see if I can stick to it! LOL