Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I would be over the moon... The tension needs to be rebuilt. I wish I could reach into my computer screen, take it off and clean it for you. I like to clean up the springs and the disks. Everything else gets clean, too but those seem to get really gunky. Some rubbing alcohol or some nail polish remover will clean the gunk off those parts. The painted parts just need regular cleaning with something that won't take off paint or finish. Then put it all back together. You will need to find a manual for your machine or a service manual so you can see how it goes. The best help is in this manual: http://www.tfsr.org/pub/technical_in...echanism_2.pdf The closest is going to be the Modern 201 - however there are differences. You will need to pay close attention when you take it apart. Especially the end pieces. Put them in order the way you take it apart and the side toward you up as you go. Take pictures. Clean as you put back. Then if you test it and it doesn't work you may need to take it part way back apart and tighten or loosen the end piece then put it all back. I doubt if that makes any sense. Tammi is much better at explaining things.