View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 04:07 AM
sparkys_mom

Originally Posted by QuilterMomOf3 View Post
As far as the safety eyes are concerned, I could choose to embroider eyes on instead. And as of yet, people seem MUCH more interested in buying stuffed animals or plushies than quilts or table runners.

I've been trying to sell quilts for approx 4 years and have only sold 3 baby quilts and one full-size quilt. I've been sewing stuffed creations for approx 2 years, and have had dozens of people want to buy them, but I didn't have a price.
This is one cute critter! I would embroider the eyes for safety and go for it. There are several good suggestions here for where to market your animals. Pricing? I really don't know as this is not something I would be shopping for. However, if you try to place them in some specialty shops you might try asking the shop owners for an opinion.

One other thought - you said you hadn't been successful with selling baby quilts, etc. I wouldn't suggest it as a "package" deal, but what if you had that toy on display at whatever price you decide and ALSO had a toddler-size quilt, priced separately, that kind of matched it.

Let us know how and what you do.

Last edited by sparkys_mom; 08-02-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Had another thought!