Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 AM
primitivejan

Default Newbie here, My WIP a Hawaiian Quilt for my Daughter

My daughter recently expressed a desire for a Hawaiian Quilt. She was only 4 when her father was accidentally electrocuted helping a friend build his home in Hilo, Hawaii. We lived in Kona at the time. She really never got to know him so well but after watching the movie " The Descendants" she felt a need for a quilt to remember him by. He was a surfer young at heart and lived to fulfill his dream of surfing the big waves of Hawaii which he did.
After contacting the Hawaiian Quilting quild to try and get an authentic Hawaiian pattern, I was contacted by the President of the guild. She offered to let me use her family heirloom pattern as long as I didn't pass it on or share the pattern. I have little experience in this form of quilting but have learned a lot in the process. I would like to share her patter and photo as well as the one I am working on. It is a Queen size quilt!!! I don't know why I always have to attack a new project doing something so large but it is coming along great. At least I feel good about it. This is a picture before I started the applique, It is just basted.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0304-001.jpg