View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 03:56 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Mdaniels View Post
Do dealers every negotiate for purchases like these?
It really depends on the dealers, if a machine is new or used and what they paid for it. My dealer (Viking) contacts Viking when they give a price on a trade in to see the value at current date. I like that. I got my Ruby from them and then 1yr later I got my Diamond Deluxe and used the Ruby as a trade in and lost very little. My Ruby only had a few hours of use prior to me buying it and I got a warranty. My DDeluxe was used at the Viking convention so it was classified as "used" and I saved thousands of dollars on it. When I went into the settings after I got it, the time used was only minutes meaning it was probably set up to be used but no one sat at that station. My dealer also now sells machines on consignment and they are the only store that I've heard of that list their prices of used and new machines on thier web site. I like that. A great dealer with great customer service and classes is a must when looking at buying a machine. You never know when you'll need help, even if you know how to use all the bells and whistles. By the way, I love my machine and with 0 financing I couldn't turn it down. My LQS also sells the Pfaff in their stores along with the Vikings, makes since since its the same company. Good luck and I really hope you find what you want.