View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 04:17 PM
SingerSewer

Originally Posted by Groovy Pieces View Post
Hello All. . . . Please forgive the intrusion, but I have a few questions unrelated to stabilizers. I was trying to find the correct place to post my questions, but couldn't find my way back to the original "thread".

(1) What are "o e s d" designs?

(2) Who is Anita Goodesign & are these designs/downloads safe? They seem quite cheap compared to some of the other places on the web. There are collections for $39, whereas other sites may have the same or similar collections for $59.

(3) And here's the $64,000 question: What's the best way to organize downloads from the web? The machine came with a usb stick, which probably contains some storage gigs. It seems the more I read, the more confused I get. Reading this thread, there's a QB member who commented (forgive the paraphrase) that her designs are stored everywhere & that if she knew then what she knows now, her "filing" system would be totally different & much more organized.

I just want to start out my new adventure right by learning from my QB sisters. . . Thanks in advance for your most valued wisdom . . . GP
OESD - Oklahoma Embroidery Supplies Designs (I believe that is correct.) They have some very good design collections.
Anita Goodesign is another of the quality companies offering embroidery designs. I usually buy them on a cd at one of the local sewing machine stores.
Now the organization thing is up in the air. I have software that is supposed to be wonderful for that purpose but then you have to learn to use it properly and I have not acquired the knowledge or skill to begin to utilize it to its full potential. Not the fault of the software but that of the user. I store my designs on two external drives - one is for backup. I use the travel drive to transfer them to my machine. I use the small 1 to 2 gb drives for this function. I sort my designs by designer. I have a folder for each brand i.e. OESD, Amazing Designs, Anita Goodesign, etc.