View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:12 AM
romanojg

I've seen on this site where some have almost that in bolts; so no, you aren't unusual. Once I got most of mine out on shelves where I could see them I was surprised at how much I have. But compared to others I don't have that much. Last yr I decided that from now on unless I needed fabric for a particular project that I wasn't going to buy any more. I've been so very good and haven't bought any unless it was to either finish or do a certain project. When I go to Hancock's etc I don't roam the isles like I used too and only go when I need to go. My daughter even raids my stash once in a while if she needs something that I have. I'm surprised that a non-quilter/sewer would even care or ask. One of my quilting teachers only shows her quilt room to quilters; no non-quilters allowed because a non-quilter is shocked by the amount she has and a quilter drolls over how much she has. The quilter understands. If you can afford it and like it then buy it. In the past two yrs I've also gotten into embroidery, so now I have tons of thread and stabilizer and I'm slowly getting into clothes making and now starting on doll clothes. I'm sure I'll find good use for my fabric even though I don't think most would call it a stash but I'm good with it and so is my wallet.