View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:17 AM
debbiemarie

When my Mother had to move into an assisted living home we sold our home of 27 years and moved into her house, which was completely stuffed full of everything imaginable. After my siblings took what they wanted out of the house, I had the daunting task of cleaning out her house and moving our stuff in. In other words I had two households of stuff to deal with! It was heartbreaking to go through her things that she had held onto for many years and just throw out, but she told me to just give it away to the Goodwill. She saved every plastic bag, boxes, envelopes, patterns and boxes of fabric. Unfortunately, one of my nieces went through all her patterns and fabric and took everything good without permission, (she stayed in the house for a month then moved to Texas) She tried to take Mom's sewing machine too, fortunately she asked first. Alone with the task, it took me months go through everything, have major work done on the house and finish it all up. After I finished it all up, then came the requests from Mom, "um, in my hall closet I need my ...!!!) Some of the stuff I saved lucky for her, but not all. I did all this while taking care of my Grandaughter age 4. My precious little grandaughter loved every second of going through stuff, she took home lots of treasures as well.