View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Friday1961

You didn't buy this from an estate sale company in Fort Worth Texas, by any chance?

Because I saw a machine like this on Sunday at an estate sale at my cousin's house in Ft Worth, and it was also missing its throat plate! That machine was priced at, I think, $50 but everything was half off on Sunday, the last day of the sale. I almost bought it only because it belonged to my cousin Carole, who was like my sister, but I have 4 machines already and no place to put another, even a portable. Carole made one beautiful quilt on this machine and pieced at least one more before she became ill, a top which the kids are holding for me, along with some of her fabric.

Joe: are these Singers rare and hard to find? I had no idea what it was, really. My cousin Carole was "into" quiltmaking long before I was and while I knew she had a machine, of course, we never really talked about what kind. We just knew we both had Singers. If this one pictured is not Carole's machine, then I think I'll talk to the kids and see if hers is still available and get it. She also had an old black Singer (labeled as a 1925) which I belatedly (not sure why I was so stupid but I was emotionally overwhelmed while being at that sale) have realized may have been my aunt's (Carole's mother) machine. The older Singer was priced at $125.

Last edited by Friday1961; 08-29-2013 at 07:35 AM.