Thread: PC Quilter
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
lowjane

Thank you ladies.

This is what I have done so far, read every piece of information I can get on the PC quilter the online manuals you tube videos. I have found Melanie from PC quilter who has given me direction on how to change ownership and have privileges for the system updates available. I have joined and waiting for approval to the PC Quilter Yahoo Group.

I looked around the house and one out of 7 computer has a parallel port - which I am sure the PC quilter ( being a 2005) will require. I have asked DH to wipe the old computer clean so that it will only run the PC quilter software. Once I get the system downloaded I can later look at the option of using a cable to convert the serial cable to the usb port on one of my other laptops. DH is a computer engineer who NEVER throws anything out so we should be in good order. I am actually picking up the PC quilter early next week and hope that I can at least get the carriage to run day one, and familiarize myself with the start up -pause and run. Once we know the carriage is working properly I will then get the longarm on and hopefully get that organized so that I have the right speed of the carriage and the appropriate speed of the longarm so that there will be even stitches. Once those basics are sorted I should be off to the races.

Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions it is so much appreciated
Jane