Old 09-01-2013, 11:06 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

The 'owl' quilt pattern is still offered by one of the www.FabHopShop.com who ran a contest of 'name that owl' each month last fall; don't remember which one. First one pictured, was for my SIL, and dh wanted one in the worst way. So I started in on him an owl quilt, and he says, "I want to help!", so I showed him what I was doing with permanent markers, and left the scene. He decided he had a 'better idea' and used his choice of pens whose ink spread across the block when pressed...almost to the point of disaster when he finally called me for help.

After getting the extra fabric, cleaning up his mess, and completing his owl set and an another one and having a spare set for the future, I had enough of those owls for a while, not giving a 'hoot' for another one.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433511[/ATTACH] Next door neighbor lady and I were in the fabric store selecting fabric for her adopted daughter a quilt I almost had heart failure when she said dd wanted a horse quilt. I did make this special 'horse' quilt for the soon to be six year old next door in Texas...I ask her, 'how many horses do you want in your corral?' "Six", she says. So knowing their strong Baptist's faith, I designed God's windows at the top, green grass beside the still waters below the corral of horses. This was for a very cute young lady, so the 'corral' fence became pink. And the hat had her name on it, and it said, " A loves horses. Fringe made the mane and tails so they 'moved' when she moved the quilt. Neighbor lady was going to put it on the wall and save it, and said, "No, let her use it, that's what I made it for!", and that's what she did. Every night, she looked down into her corral, with the 'grass' under her chin, as she went to sleep. It was one of a kind, developed for a very special young lady who is active today, racing barrels and taking care of her real quarter horses in her corral. And she got two more quilts each birthday that they were still neighbors so she could take them to slumber parties. Horses were drawn freehand by me.
Attached Thumbnails image0-002.jpg