View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:33 AM
asimplelife

I thought I would do an update on how having a design wall has changed my sewing habits. For the last month or so I have used the right wall for a leader/ender UFO and have actually assembled 3 UFOs into flimsies in this way (almost magically!).

The left wall is used for my main project and has helped to bring 2 UFOs and one WIP to the flimsy stage.

As you can see, I've got 2 more UFOs that are being assembled this week. It is so motivating to me to fill up the wall! Sewing blocks and putting them in a pile is no where near as exciting as putting them up on the wall. I just love seeing the progress and how easy it is to flip the blocks whenever I see something instead of having to clear the floor, lay them out, rearrange for a few days and then worry about messing them up during assembly (which I seem to have a special talent for!).

So yes, I am LOVING these walls. I just had no idea how much they would change my productivity for the better. Plus they add so much color to my quilting room... I should have leaned them up against shelves, a closet or anywhere years ago!
Attached Thumbnails p1040549.jpg