View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 02:19 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Hey quite right. Try this one: https://docs.google.com/file/d/1hliI...it?usp=sharing
(the real adjuster's manual has now stood up).
Tammi, your foot adjustment info is awesome. Not sure if I mentioned it but I've used it at least twice, and have it (obviously) on my Google drive

When I click on that link I get this:
You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission. Learn more
You are signed in as arch****@gmail.com.

Which brings up a point. To view a lot of Google drive stuff, I don't know how much of that is permissions, since your first one didn't do this, you need to have a Google account, gmail address, etc.

I'm really glad to see that that tutorial is useful to you. It IS actually one of the most viewed posts on my site. That and the thread cost comparison, and the bobbin case stuff for the 99/66 style machines. The tension and timing ones definitely are up there too. Yeah, I'm a stats geek, but it tells me what people want to see.

Originally Posted by Sheluma View Post
I'm not a lawyer, but I've researched this, and here is what I've found. If the manual is in the public domain, then it's legal to publicize it.
<snip>
As an aside, I posted a thread on QB that was deleted because it had an image from a Singer book (not a manual). It was in the public domain and legal to publicize it, but QB said they needed written proof. Of course I can't expect QB to look through Copyright Catalogs every time someone posts an image or to trust that board members have done their research, so this is understandable. (If anyone wants a copy of the parts list that I posted, PM me.)
See that's the problem, I have probably over 100 manuals up there, and to research each one of them would take days. I suspect that DB and Google would just delete before checking too.

Which book did you post from? I have a number of them here, but I'd be interested in knowing what was deleted, especially if I haven't seen it. I have various parts charts here that may or may not be public domain, I know that they say on them that they're or Singer employees only, etc.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I have manuals but I sure don't know how to make files of them.
Which manuals? Some will already be "out there". If I was closer to you, I'd offer to scan them and turn them into PDFs, but,.. uh... 3300kms (2050mi) one way assuming I didn't get lost at all... that's a lotta driving.