View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:11 AM
ljfox

Default I want a machine that doesn't dance!

I am redoing my daughters bedroom into my sewing room. I am so excited to have a room of my own for my longarm and all my quilting stuff. I was thinking that a new room deserves a new sewing machine. I have a Brother that I purchased years ago at Walmart and despite it's low price it has worked well for years. Then I gave it a good cleaning and now the drop in bobbin case keeps moving out of place at random times. I will google it and I will fix that, but the main thing that bothers me about the machine is that it starts bouncing when I get it moving at higher speeds. Can anyone suggest some new machines for me to look at that don't cost an arm and a leg and that won't bounce around? Right now my machine sits on a table but when it gets moved into the new room in a week or so, we are going to build it into a table top sitting on two drawer units. We got the table top and drawer units from IKEA. We will make the machine sit with the sewing surface flush with the table. That is another reason I am looking at new machines now since we will be cutting the hole in the table. Don't you just love my logic that leads me to get a new machine!! I quilt on my longarm and mostly just piece on my main machine.