Old 09-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Lynnie25

Quite a few years ago when I was a tour director, DH and I went to Victoria (mainland Aus state) and we drove around the state for a week (Monday to Friday) and I visited 35 quilt shops along the way. I had planned to do a quilt tour (which didn't eventuate) but I can tell you I was shopped out at the end of the week. DH was very patient whenever we found a quilt shop and he either caught up on some sleep in the car or read the newspaper while I was in the shop. Needless to say, I filled the car to the brim with fabric, patterns (most never used to this day) and every imaginable gadget around at the time. It was so much fun though to see the differences in each shop.

One of the best tours I did here in Tasmania was with a group of 22 quilting ladies (and 2 quilt husbands) and we toured around Tasmania stopping at every quilt shop. Each evening at our accommodation we would all get together and have 2-3 ladies each night give a 'show and tell', usually small projects to show or photo albums to look at.