Old 09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
gardnergal970

Here is my first block. I had one done but the design got lost in my choice of background and after seeing how some of the rest of you did your blocks, I'm being a copycat and trying to let the design "float" on one background for the entire block. [ATTACH=CONFIG]436754[/ATTACH] This is my second block. I don't like that the middle circle is so large and will watch that in blocks coming up and make an adjustment if possible.[ATTACH=CONFIG]436755[/ATTACH] I'm using 2 inch borders that when the blocks are joined together will give a secondary pattern of weaving. Incidentally, I started with my color combinations because of the print border on this block and I had a lot of the red fabric left from another quilt. Shopping from the stash has it's constraints but does bring good discipline, at least for me. I've had the fabric for almost 3 years and it has just never worked where I thought it might but it does here. It will also be the final, wider border. You can hardly tell from the picture but there is a red outlline along with the black that shows up so readily. I'm wild about the color combinations that you all have chosen....each so individual and each sets off the design in such a unique way. Thanks for sharing!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]436756[/ATTACH] The two blocks together to give an idea of how it will work.
Attached Thumbnails block-1.jpg   block-2.jpg   blocks-1-2.jpg  

Last edited by gardnergal970; 09-18-2013 at 11:15 AM.