View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I lived for many years in the Twin Cities. I don't know the Mill End store in Bloomington but, in general, the Mill End stores I have been to in the area are not really quilt shops; they are more like outlets for fabric -- all kinds. The ones I have been to carry mostly middle-of-the-road and low-end fabrics. I don't think I've ever seen any of the Kaufman, etc. lines in those stores. I think you would be disappointed.

The only quilt shop that I can recommend that is in Minneapolis is Glad Creations Quilt Block:
http://www.gladcreationsquilts.com/
It is packed floor to rafters with wonderful fabrics for quilting! However, it is open until 8:30 evenings only on Tuesday and some Mondays (call). Also, it is pretty far from the Sofitel in Bloomington and in an area where I would not feel safe taking public transportation at night, especially as a stranger in the area. If you can make it to Glad Creations, I think you would be very satisfied with the visit.

I lived in St. Paul so there may be other quilt shops in the southern suburbs that I don't know about. Hopefully someone else will!