View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 05:58 AM
Snooze2978

I'm just as guilty as you in changing blades. And yes, I have lots of new blades as I just ordered them along with a blade sharpner. I pondered on whether it would be worth it as I've heard so many pros and cons on certain brands but finally decided to try it. I've sharpened some of my blades and it seems to have worked okay. I keep on rotary cutter just for cutting paper items and the other for fabrics only. I have the bad happen of just grabbing a cutter no matter what I'm cutting at the time. Bad, bad, bad of me. Now I have them marked so I won't make that mistake.

I also found out my blades last a shorter time due to my overly gouged cutting mat. The same blade cuts so much better on a self-healing mat so when I can save up for it, I'm getting a new 6' x 8' self-healing mat. Found a company that will cut to size and send you the leftovers too as they cut from a certain size. Expensive but I think so worth it if it will save on my blades as we have found are getting more expensive every day.