Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 PM
snipforfun

Originally Posted by rmb282 View Post
Hey Ladies (and Gents) in my previous post I was so excited that DH was taking me sewing machine shopping tonight. Well I called the dealer to make sure that they had the Janome 6600P and 7700 in stock. Of course they sold the last floor model yesterday but have a 6600P at their other location. They also sell Baby Lock. He explained on the phone that they sell 4X more Baby Lock Melodies to quilters than Janome. He told me all about some of the advantages but I'm sure that maybe there are some disadvantages. Either way I believe we will go test drive the baby lock, I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to test drive the Janome too. So I guess I'm just asking what all you quilters think between a Janome 6600P or Baby Lock Melody? Thanks for your opinions, I really value your help.
This dealer is giving you a sales pitch extrordinaire! Melody is not a machine an experienced quilter would buy and cant even be compared with each other. The Babylock machine the quilters love is the Crescendo. Melody does not have a large throat space. I love my BabyLock - they make excellent machines, but wouldnt even consider a Melody. I also love my 6600 for quilting. Has never given me a problem. I would love the Crescendo but cant justify it because my 6600 with the accufeed feet never betrays me. I also have a Babylock Ellageo. The store where I shop carries both brands. Dont let the dealer talk you into a Melody. He probably has excess inventiry.