Old 09-20-2013, 11:40 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Butterfli19 View Post
This is so amazing, I could cry. I can't stop scrolling! How do you know what to choose for motifs? How do you figure out which ones complement each other so graciously - is there a library in the software or do you just envision this?

Your quilting brought out the heart of this quilt and infused it with life! Lucky you to have found your passion, one that brings such needed comfort to the world. Bravo!
I freehand, no computer so no software. There is also ruler work in this for the diamonds in the green borders and the radiating lines behind the butterflies and the center ribbon. I get inspiration all over. Architectural decoration, and I search the web for inspiration. For this quilt I got inspiration from Green Fairy and Kim Stotsenberg for her Fantasy feathers. I will sketch alot to figure out what might look nice and I seek out what other LAQ are doing to get ideas.

thank you everyone for such nice comments. I am humbled and so happy when other people like what they see me do. It helps to validate my "art". I am hopeful April will see it soon and comment. I don't have her phone number. I am sure she has given it to me but I lost it so the only way I have to contact her is email or PM here. But I know she has to limit her computer time due to the issues with IH and surgeries.