Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 AM
Marie4403

Default love my 6600

Originally Posted by rmb282
Hey Ladies (and Gents) in my previous post I was so excited that DH was taking me sewing machine shopping tonight. Well I called the dealer to make sure that they had the Janome 6600P and 7700 in stock. Of course they sold the last floor model yesterday but have a 6600P at their other location. They also sell Baby Lock. He explained on the phone that they sell 4X more Baby Lock Melodies to quilters than Janome. He told me all about some of the advantages but I'm sure that maybe there are some disadvantages. Either way I believe we will go test drive the baby lock, I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to test drive the Janome too. So I guess I'm just asking what all you quilters think between a Janome 6600P or Baby Lock Melody? Thanks for your opinions, I really value your help.
I own a 6600 and love it. It is a true workhorse. If you quilt it has a large harp space and accufeed which is great for piecing. It has many feet to compliment the accufeed. stitch in the ditch, quarter inch feet, scant quarter inch. As you can tell I love it. If you would like to know more about it you can join the janome forum which is people sharing their love for this machine. You can join even if you do not own the machine yet. Unfortunately I had an accident and lost the full use of my left hand. This made it difficult for me to unscrew the feet on and off. I am putting my baby on ebay hoping it will get adopted by someone who loves it as much as I do. If you have any questions that I could help with you can email me at [email protected]