View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:59 AM
cricket_iscute

Originally Posted by wendiq View Post
Thanks to all of you that have weighed in.....I think I may join for one year. We need some help with yard work(sprinklers) and our local gardeners don't speak much English so hard to communicate our needs. We could also use a good plumber and electrician.
If I had it to do again, I would pay the $12 it costs here to join Angie's list for a year, although the Chamber of Commerce is a good idea, and maybe Better Business Bureau.

We created a new bathroom. We hired a great electrician from the phone book, and asked a friend in the construction trades to recommend a plumber. That plumber was AWFUL! Never there when he said he would be, often did no work when he came, took 4-5 months to finish a job he said would be done in under a month, didn't bother to know the measurements of the shower plumbing that HE sold us and we had to take out a wall that was just finished and redo it, and worst, he made a pass at me, the scum, knowing I was married and knowing my husband! He was quite persistent (and married with kids), didn't think he should take no for an answer, and if I did not have dogs there, I don't know what would have happened. He didn't like the dogs and they did not like him. They were constantly on guard with him here, aware of his every move. He made it clear that he was successful bedding most of the women for whom he worked. (Wonder if his wife knew?) I didn't trust him after that, not one bit. I made my husband come home from work if the guy was coming over, and I left. Even so, the plumber stood my husband up when he knew my husband had to take vacation time to be here. He also tried to get his final payment without finishing the job; he said he "didn't feel like installing the exhaust pipe". He never did arrange for the final inspection; I hope that is not a problem if we ever sell the house.

If Angie's list carries only good recommendations, I'll bet this guy isn't mentioned.

Last edited by cricket_iscute; 09-22-2013 at 11:13 AM.