Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Glenn taught me how to French polish on a Singer 15 centennial I have - the machine had awful finish. Glenn sure does do wonders with the finish. I am thinking he needs to make a video but Muv needs to come over and help. Drop by Huntsville, Alabama at Glenn's house some time, Muv. The French polishing is a lot easier to get if you see it than if you read about it. A photo does not do justice how to do it. It is actually pretty simple.

We sorted a couple totes of attachments. I think he was overwhelmed. We found a few things we don't know what they were. If I ever run across them again maybe I'll start something - whatsitz... in the mean time you all collect your own whatsitz pieces.

Glenn has the cutest little gray poodle - I think Doodles is a poodle anyway. She sat in the shop and watched us work on machines. When ever Glenn goes out of the room the dog paces and worries or she goes with Glenn.

I have a Simplex which is a 15 clone - occupied Japan. The bobbin area is backwards from everything else. It took both of us to get it back together.

I got to see the fishing quilt everybody made Glenn last year or was it the year before? That is ONE COOL QUILT. Nancy did an awesome job putting that one together - stunning, Nancy! I think we teased Glenn so much we all felt guilty and made quilt blocks. It was about time some more guys showed up on here. I think Glenn is happy we don't pick on him so much.
We worked some on French polishing up an old barn fresh Singer redeye. I took a lot of pictures - there will be a post - it is exciting - stay tuned.