Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 PM
meanmom

First let me say I am not an organized person at all. My sewing room is somewhat organized, but a mess. I went to a quilt shop in Tennessee last weekend. I found it impossible to shop there. I did see a few fabrics that I liked, but I don't know how you would ever be able to put together a whole quilt. The fabric was total chaos. It was just randomly stuck on the shelves. No organization at all. Baby stuff all over, batiks all over etc. Not seperated by colors or anything. Made me nuts. I couldn't shop. There was a kit I wanted. The lady said she would see if she could find it. It was $55. She brought out a little bag of fabric and said here is your kit. Luckily I thought it looked a little bit slim. THe background fabric (3 yards) and the instruction book were missing. She was trying to tell me it was supposed to be just some little pieces of fabric. The display listed what was included. I still think some of the fabrics are missing. Didn't check the small pieces. Most of them appear to be there, I am sure I can fill them in from my stash.
THe lady working seemed to not know anything at all. It was overwhelming to try to shop. I won't go back. My 2 SIL and DS and I decided if it rained on Saturday morning we were going to break into the shop and reorganize it before they opened for the day